4/23: Business Card Project

     This week, we moved to a new Adobe App called InDesign. I have worked inside of it once before and was not to fond of the way it worked. However, after this project, i really appreciate the way it can make any simple design really professional. Although the tools are pretty easy and basic, Professor Roundtree really helped me understand how I can use them to my advantage which I appreciate. My logo that I created a few weeks ago was mor eon the cute side so I wanted to try and make layout mor professional looking but also keep that fun and light theme. 

    At first, like I predicted, I had difficulty using the framing tools and understanding exactly how to move images. However, once I got the hang of it, it became pretty easy. I looked online and through student work for some inspiration. I made some sketches on my own and wanted each card to be completely different. I wanted them to have their own color scheme and tried to utilize a diverse array of tools each time. I spent a lot of time on this project because having a business card is something I genuinely need. I really enjoyed this project and spent about 3 hours total on it. I love how the projects I created in this class not only taught me how to use Adobe Creative Cloud Apps, but also provided me with content I was use in real life. 

    I think my favorite card I created is the first one (blue and yellow). I created that background design in another class and loved how perfectly it matched the logo I created. If I had to change anything about it, it would be how thin each line is on the log, I feel like you have a hard time seeing them sometimes. I think The card is simple but that design shows my creative abilities. I decided to turn down the opacity so the colors were a bit more muted. 





Comments

  1. These are awesome !!! They are so cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were very well done. I love the background on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! Love all your designs! They are fun and unique you could definitely use them as your actual business cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so so good! I love the design, especially the first one its so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4/12: Pre Somewhere Post

4/23: InDesign Intro

5/2: Final Portfolio