2/20: Illustrator Intro

    I think one of the harder tools in illustrator to use will probably be the pen tool. I have taken a few classes in adobe apps and remember this being true. I am currently taking another digital media class and I sometimes still have trouble using the curve tool and making accurate arcs. I think every aspect f this tool is difficult including the add and delete anchor tool. 

    I think that after lots of practice and just becoming more familiar with the software will help me learn how to properly use the pen tool Watching the video off YouTube really has helped me understand precisely how it works which s very helpful. I also explained some shortcuts on my keyboard that will make it easier for me to help make custom shapes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik1Ed9gzLE

One tool that I have no experience with is the blob tool. Since it is unfamiliar to me, I think tat can cause it to be a little bit difficult for me. I think you have to be pretty experience in Illustrator to become good at using the blob tool effectively because it requires accuracy. 

    The video shows a man tracing a logo and he explains how it is tricky to use this tool because in order to get the line you want to be more thick or more thin requires you to practice a lot. At first, trying to use this tool correctly can be challenging due to the accuracy it takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JSQ1fjzKls

    Lastly, the distort tool seems like a more challenging tool to utilize in Illustrator. Anything that deals with the anchors of shapes gives me trouble because they are very sensitive and messing up an anchor can mess up your whole shape. I think this tool can be really helpful in creating intricate designs and patterns.

    The video shows a man creating a teardrop and layering the tool to create a pattern. While it did come out very good, it seemed a bit tricky. There were a lot of steps involved and an experienced Illustrator user seems like a good candidate to become successful with the distort tool. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7he-xIGhgk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/12: Pre Somewhere Post

4/23: InDesign Intro

5/2: Final Portfolio