3/30: Self Portrait/ Propaganda Poster

 


    This week was one of my favorite in Illustrator. I love making art and being creative and I felt this project really let me lean into that. Although this took me around 5 hours, it was so fun and a really enjoyable project. When creating my self-portrait I first assessed which body parts I need to create first so that the layer was correct. For example, I needed my face in front of my neck but below my hair. I decided to do each body part in different layers that way if my judgement was incorrect, I was able to easily move around my objects in the order that they should appear. I also found it challenging to decide which colors I wanted my skin to be because when I would use the dropper tool it would be too dark or too light and look a bit unrealistic. I also found that using black lines for my tattoo and eyes looked a bit harsh so I ad to mute the shades in order for it to look more natural. 

    For my propaganda poster, I decided to recreate the famous "Make art, not war" from the Iraq War that originated from the 1960's anti-war mantra "Make love, not war." I feel very passionate about art and also think its effective because of the war that is ongoing in Ukraine right now. Because the U.S. is a part of NATO, we could intervene at any time which makes this poster possibly very relevant to todays climate. I wanted to make the design my own and create original art so that my message was even more effective. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/12: Pre Somewhere Post

4/23: InDesign Intro

5/2: Final Portfolio