3/9: Calligram Project


     Above is my calligram project that I designed by myself. Although I was inspired by a plane, I decided to make and create my own shapes using the pen and clone tool. When I wrote my letter I knew that one of the most important things in my life is the joy that traveling brings me. So, when creating my image, I knew I wanted to do a pane to represent that. I added the stars and the moon for stylistic elements and to just get comfortable using the tools. It took me around 2 hours to perfect the whole thing. I couldn't get the clouds exactly how I wanted but after a few tries using the pen tool I got them the way I envisioned. 

    I think the project really helped me familiarize myself with all the tools, I used star tool to create the clouds, the paintbrush tool for the clouds, and the pen tool for the airplane. I liked moving into illustrator because I felt more in control of my tools and feel it is more creative than Dreamweaver. I also played around with the gradient background and ellipse tool for the b=moon and sky to create a dusk like background. All in all, i'm happy with how this turned out and can't wait to keep using Illustrator. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/12: Pre Somewhere Post

4/23: InDesign Intro

5/2: Final Portfolio