4/11: Black and White to Color Project

This week, I changed a black and white photo into a color, more stylized piece of art by using masking and the selection tools in photoshop. I really enjoyed seeing how this turned out and had so much fun choosing the color combinations I wanted and the different ways I am able to make one photo look. My favorite one was probably the compound combination I chose. 

I found the most difficult part actually starting the project. Before learning to mask I would have previously colored every individual element of the image. However, masking each layer out and having each color easily applied to the selection I used by drawing with the magnetic lasso tool. All in all, I am really pleased with the final project and I know once I get more comfortable with the app and the tools my artwork will only get better.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4/12: Pre Somewhere Post

4/23: InDesign Intro

5/2: Final Portfolio